Friday, July 6, 2007

Brain Storming

After reading the learning plan today, I had an overwhelming feeling again that I was in over my head. Steven made a Wiki up for me & posted the learning plan on it, I had that feeling for awhile so I decided to go into google & try to make one for my husband. It took about 2 minutes to set up & again opened up my mind to more avenues this could take us.That overwhelming feeling left & excitment set back in.
The possibilities are endless. Cassandra had a good idea at the conference that we could use the blog as part of communication assessment with there diary entries, we could give the students the information on how to set up a blog & under our supervision guide them.I also thought of using wiki in communication with the heading Importance of hygiene & professional image.I also thought it would be great for the students to make themselves an e-portfolio showcasing their work that they have achieved in the last 6 months of tafe.Other areas could be a class activity for T-vet or Cert 2 students when they have participated in salon days to put there work on Wiki as the site can be shared.These are my thoughts I am quite sure I will gather more over the next week, I cant wait to inform the section of this & get there thoughts & ideas & for everyone collaborating together

1 comment:

Steven Parker said...

Hi Simone

Love your post and tags 'Brain won't stop'

FYI I had a great meeting with Rino today. Check out his ideas for implementing Theory and practical subjects, Hands on practical and Assessment.

Can you reference the student outcomes your work is realted to in your learning plan? I have been refereing to http://ntis.gov.au

Check out

http://webconf.det.nsw.edu.au/p89007853/ for more info of the next stage. Tying your work to curriculum.

Cheers

Steven
Posted 10 minutes ago
stevenraymondparker writes: re: Linking your work to Curriculum

Check out Rino's Learning plan at http://thed.wikispaces.com/Rino+Colecchia